You can find me…Academia Polonica na Facebooku
- Polish language and culture in a nutshell – a lexicon of cultural connotation: C – Constitution
- Polish language and culture in a nutshell – a lexicon of cultural connotatio: B – bocian
- Polish language and culture in a nutshell – a lexicon of cultural connotation
- Cultural shock – fun or confusion?
- Kissing Day – 28 December or 6 July?
Tagsbeing expats body language Christmas Eve Christmas in Poland cultural context cultural diferences cultural differences cultural diversity cultural heritage cultural shock expression of love gesture of courtesy gestures group of languages Indo-European languages intercultural communication intercultural understanding kissing day languages learning languages linguistic diversity non werbal communication plurlingualism Polish polish culture Polish for foreigners polish history polish in cultural context polish language Polish tradition symbols
Archiwa tagu: gesture of courtesy
A kiss is primarily an expression of love, but also reverence, submission, respect and well wishes. It is the oldest way of communication, body language, overgrown rich symbolism. Kiss in Polish ‘całować’ is semantically associated with whole ‘cały’. This means … Czytaj dalej